WHY PURCHASING THE LOUIS VUITTON POCHETTE MÉTIS WAS ANNOYING



The Louis Vuitton Pochette Métis was on my Shopping Wishlist for some time now. I finally wanted to treat myself with something nice, something exquisite. After putting some money aside for the Métis, I was ready to make my purchase and write a post about it. I already have a Louis Vuitton wallet, but it would be my first Louis Vuitton bag. 

Full of excitment I clicked on the Website, ready to buy. The Online Shop said, that I had to call the Customer Service in order to make my purchase. Hmm, okay: Calling the Customer Service. A nice lady told me, that the bag is super popular and that there is a waitlist and it would take around 3-4 weeks, sometimes just 2 weeks. Like most people I am not very fond of waiting, but 3-4 weeks maybe 2, were fine for me. This was in March.

While waiting for the bag, I thought I could do some research about the bag for my article (the story of the Pochette Métis and the inspiration behind it). So I wrote a mail to get in contact with the PR Department to get extra information. I got a general Bla Bla response from Customer Service, saying that I would get a call when my bag was ready.

Thank you?!?! But that was not my question... I guess it was very naive of me to think that the PR Department would actually get in contact with me... 

6 weeks passed by. No word from Louis Vuitton. Was I forgotten? I wrote another mail to Customer Service, to ask about my bag. No answer. A few days later I called Customer Service. I was told that I had to wait until August to get my bag and it is not even possible anymore to get on the waitlist... WOAW REALLY? How super annoying! It was supposed to be "only" 3-4 weeks and now it is 5 months! A Call from Louis Vuitton about the longer waiting time also would have been nice. 


I do understand that the demand for the Métis is very high at the moment and production is slow, but I am still sad and disappointed. At this point I am not sure if I will still want it in August, because waiting so long and feeling disappointed... There is nothing exquisite about it. 

Here is how the drama of the Pochette Métis continues...

SaveSave

No comments

Thanks for your comments:-)